Psalm 16:5

The LORD is the portion of mine inheritance and of my cup: thou maintainest my lot.

God's Warth is Coming... Are You Ready?

You had better listen to the words of Jesus, “Not everyone who says to me Lord, Lord, shall enter, but he that does the will of my father in heaven.” If ye by the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the flesh, ye shall live. If you live after the flesh, you’ll die! The cross does not give us a minor shift or two with regard to a few of our ethical and religious values. The cross radically disrupts the very center and citadel of your life from self to Christ. And if the cross has not done that, YOU’RE NOT A CHRISTIAN! My Friend face it, young rogue, you’re not a Christian until the cross has radically disrupted the very center and citadel of your life! And brought you from a life of commitment to serve self…What are the focal points of the reign of your self? If you’ve gone to the cross in union with Christ, it’s been shattered!"
- Al Martin

Sunday, September 19, 2010

A Look Back - LOW Tour Day 3

Happy Lord's Day! Between working and traveling, my blog has continued to suffer... In the last two weeks, I have traveled over 3,000 miles, been in 8 states and the District of Columbia, attended my grandmother's 90th birthday party, and worked nearly 60 hours in the last week on a book project.


On Thursday, I flew home to Indiana (via Atlanta) for my grandmothers 90th birthday. Only my oldest brother knew I was coming since he had to pick me up at the airport. I surprised my dad at his work and then my brother took me to my parent's house and let me in. In perfect timing, my mom was gone so we locked the house back up and my brother left. I set up my things on the kitchen table and patiently waited (by working on NCFIC things) for my mom to come back home. After a while, I decided to call and chat to see where she was at. We ended up talking for a while but I never let on that I was back home. She even asked about the weather down in Raleigh so I looked up the weather map and said it was 90 degrees. :-) I also threw in some comments about how it would have been fun to be at my grandmother's party. When she got home, she said that she needed to go, and I eagerly awaited the door opening. Needless to say, she was EXTREMELY surprised to see me in the dining room when she had thought the whole time I was in North Carolina during our conversation! It was a perfect deal and well worth the trip.

Atlanta



The return flight was rather interesting too. I had to fly through Detroit and from takeoff in Detroit to landing in Raleigh was only 1 hour and 13 minutes. Considering that that is a 15-16 hour drive by car, all I can say is, not bad!

Well, back to the LOW tour. First stop, Washington's crossing of the Delaware to attack the Hessians in Trenton, NJ.
This last picture is of a house that was there when Washington crossed the Delaware.

No comments:

Post a Comment