Psalm 16:5

The LORD is the portion of mine inheritance and of my cup: thou maintainest my lot.

God's Warth is Coming... Are You Ready?

You had better listen to the words of Jesus, “Not everyone who says to me Lord, Lord, shall enter, but he that does the will of my father in heaven.” If ye by the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the flesh, ye shall live. If you live after the flesh, you’ll die! The cross does not give us a minor shift or two with regard to a few of our ethical and religious values. The cross radically disrupts the very center and citadel of your life from self to Christ. And if the cross has not done that, YOU’RE NOT A CHRISTIAN! My Friend face it, young rogue, you’re not a Christian until the cross has radically disrupted the very center and citadel of your life! And brought you from a life of commitment to serve self…What are the focal points of the reign of your self? If you’ve gone to the cross in union with Christ, it’s been shattered!"
- Al Martin

Monday, January 30, 2012

God's Wrath is Coming... Are You Ready?

Saving faith is the desperate thrust of a helpless soul upon the arms of an almighty Savior. Are you doing what Jesus, who speaks the words of the Father, are you doing what He says? Seek first the kingdom of God! Are you taking every step necessary to stop feeding your lust? In God’s Name, Why? Why? Why? Why will you sit through another service and sit by a sign post that points you away from hell and the wrath of God and points you to heaven and life and forgiveness, and hug death to your breast?! Oh the madness! You are a vile, filthy, helpless, hell deserving, wretched Son or Daughter of Adam. You know nothing of true repentance and therefore of true and saving faith. Or you occasionally have a little whimper in your closet when your conscience gets so active you can’t live with it and you whimper and ask God for a little help and then you go right back with your hand and your eyeball firmly attached. Oh yes, once in a while you take a dull parry knife and scratch your hand and occasionally you scratch around your eyeballs, but you haven’t begun to cut off and pluck out.

You had better listen to the words of Jesus, “Not everyone who says to me Lord, Lord, shall enter, but he that does the will of my father in heaven.” If ye by the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the flesh, ye shall live. If you live after the flesh, you’ll die! The cross does not give us a minor shift or two with regard to a few of our ethical and religious values. The cross radically disrupts the very center and citadel of your life from self to Christ. And if the cross has not done that, YOU’RE NOT A CHRISTIAN! My Friend face it, young rogue, you’re not a Christian until the cross has radically disrupted the very center and citadel of your life! And brought you from a life of commitment to serve self, whether its religious self, moral self, proud self, covetous self, lustful self, prideful self, unforgiving self, lazy self… It doesn’t matter! What are the focal points of the reign of your self? If you’ve gone to the cross in union with Christ, it’s been shattered!

I want you in that day, when you stand with me before the Judge of the world, to have him say, “Come, be blessed.” I don’t want to look at you standing there saying, “Lord, Lord! Lord, Lord! I named you in earth, I named you before the elders, I named you before the church, I named you in prayer meeting, I named you in witness! And now, Lord, Lord! Did I not this and did I not that?” I don’t want to hear Him say, “Depart from Me. I never knew you, you worker of iniquity.” You never were made a doer of the will of God. You learned enough, and you learned what to say properly enough, to be accepted for what you professed yourself to be on earth, and now the day of judgment is come and the truth is now to be know.

- Preacher Al Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment