Psalm 16:5

The LORD is the portion of mine inheritance and of my cup: thou maintainest my lot.

God's Warth is Coming... Are You Ready?

You had better listen to the words of Jesus, “Not everyone who says to me Lord, Lord, shall enter, but he that does the will of my father in heaven.” If ye by the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the flesh, ye shall live. If you live after the flesh, you’ll die! The cross does not give us a minor shift or two with regard to a few of our ethical and religious values. The cross radically disrupts the very center and citadel of your life from self to Christ. And if the cross has not done that, YOU’RE NOT A CHRISTIAN! My Friend face it, young rogue, you’re not a Christian until the cross has radically disrupted the very center and citadel of your life! And brought you from a life of commitment to serve self…What are the focal points of the reign of your self? If you’ve gone to the cross in union with Christ, it’s been shattered!"
- Al Martin

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Back in Business

I have just a moment - I really ought to be sleeping, but my best friend just left (my preaching partner from church) so we are running late - so here is a really quick update. Since my last round of posts, I have two business I have been working on. The one which I posted about earlier is not nearly as far along as I would like, but at least it is more on its way to making money. I have my local business license and a retail office space set up. I am just in the long wait for Federal approval...

The other business was sort of an impromptu idea that the Lord arranged by making the remodel company I was planning on working for go out of business. I decided I might as well start my own. Here are a couple things I've been doing since getting up and running:

Drywall: My first job was a drywall job, made necessary by a builder not getting the insulation inspected. I had to cut open the drywall all over the house for the inspection. The Lord was very good to me in having me build my apartment - that's where I learned how to do the work that is now providing my living... And honestly, I never had anyone teach me how to do drywall. I learned watching youtube videos. So if you need work and all else fails, take some free job training off of youtube and you might be able to start a business! - just be sure to pay close attention to detail.



The repainted wall:


After repainting:
  



Repainted wall:

All told, there were over 30 panels I had to cut out and redo. 

My next project was a small landing and stairway: 



Now, I am working on a screened porch. The porch has 6 6x6 posts which I am replacing with 4x4 posts, railing and screen:

I ran into an issue of a short ladder and needing to reach the top of the posts so I rigged myself up a quick scaffold. OSHA might not have appreciated my design but it is good and sturdy...: 



I hope to have all four remaining posts cut out and replaced and the rails built by the end of the day tomorrow. We shall see if the Lord so blesses my labors.

The sky one day while I was working:

The Lord is good; His mercy endures forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment