Psalm 16:5

The LORD is the portion of mine inheritance and of my cup: thou maintainest my lot.

God's Warth is Coming... Are You Ready?

You had better listen to the words of Jesus, “Not everyone who says to me Lord, Lord, shall enter, but he that does the will of my father in heaven.” If ye by the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the flesh, ye shall live. If you live after the flesh, you’ll die! The cross does not give us a minor shift or two with regard to a few of our ethical and religious values. The cross radically disrupts the very center and citadel of your life from self to Christ. And if the cross has not done that, YOU’RE NOT A CHRISTIAN! My Friend face it, young rogue, you’re not a Christian until the cross has radically disrupted the very center and citadel of your life! And brought you from a life of commitment to serve self…What are the focal points of the reign of your self? If you’ve gone to the cross in union with Christ, it’s been shattered!"
- Al Martin

Thursday, April 4, 2013

New Driving Record - 2945 Miles in Exactly 72 hours

I just returned yesterday from a new record travel. I left at 1:00pm Sunday March 31 from my home in North Carolina with a load of belongings in the first portion of my move to Texas. I arrived in San Antonio, Texas 24 and a half hours later, an increase in travel time from my previous trip, but I had two people and a dog with me for most of the way (though I did all the driving). This added stopping time as well as the pickup and drop off times for them.

Monday afternoon was spent at my place of work out there, then we headed to my bosses' house for dinner about 8:30. A little after 10:00, I and one of the people that came with me on the trip went to the house I rented and spent the night. At 6:30 am central time the next day, we were on the road.

We drove first to Cleavland Texas to pick up a storage box, then headed home, arriving in Raleigh around 11:30 eastern time. After dropping the fellow that road with me off at his house south of Raleigh, I headed home, arriving at 12:30pm. At 1:00, I pulled into my Gun Store to meet with some customers: 2945 miles from when I had left home exactly 72 hours (3 days) before.

That makes for an average speed of 40.9 miles per hour for the whole trip.   

How much rest did I get? I think it was about 8 hours of sleep scattered through that whole time between rests at rest stops and Monday night. I did sleep for 12 hours when I finally got home last night at around 7:30.

My goal next trip? 1,415 miles in 22 hours, average speed of 64.3 mph (previous record was 23 hours, 59.8 mph average. Trying to cut down on stopping time by more daylight driving.

No comments:

Post a Comment