Psalm 16:5

The LORD is the portion of mine inheritance and of my cup: thou maintainest my lot.

God's Warth is Coming... Are You Ready?

You had better listen to the words of Jesus, “Not everyone who says to me Lord, Lord, shall enter, but he that does the will of my father in heaven.” If ye by the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the flesh, ye shall live. If you live after the flesh, you’ll die! The cross does not give us a minor shift or two with regard to a few of our ethical and religious values. The cross radically disrupts the very center and citadel of your life from self to Christ. And if the cross has not done that, YOU’RE NOT A CHRISTIAN! My Friend face it, young rogue, you’re not a Christian until the cross has radically disrupted the very center and citadel of your life! And brought you from a life of commitment to serve self…What are the focal points of the reign of your self? If you’ve gone to the cross in union with Christ, it’s been shattered!"
- Al Martin

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Day the South Took Over Boston (Reformation 500)


This had to have been the best singing of Dixie in Boston since the War ended. You really had to have been at Vision Forum's Reformation 500 to know just how good this sounded, but this video gives you a little feel of it.



And then to top it off, Justice Phillips carried the First National Flag of Our Southern Confederacy on the Boston Commons!


Can't forget the ladies who carried the Bonnie Blue!


Then there is my own state represented.


Let's see, I think that must be Georgia, but forgive me if I am wrong. Hey, Joseph, I didn't even know you at the time. Look how close we were to meeting months earlier.


And last, but definitely not least, we cannot forget our Texas brethren.


Let's celebrate with some fireworks seen from the Boston Commons. (By the way, Yesterday was the anniversary of the "Shot Heard 'Round the World.")

2 comments:

  1. Hello Ryan,
    What a great blog!!! We will be looking forward to following you around the country as you go on the tour. Wow! What a great post! Singing Dixie (and sacred hymns) on the Boston Commons was one of the highlights for our family. And a picture of Joseph and Mr. Hope. How great that you got to visit the Einwechter's church. Hope that you and your brother are doing well. Please say hello to him for us.
    Blessings,
    Mrs. Hope

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mrs. Hope!
    Glad you like the blog. I hope it can serve as an encouragement to living for Christ to those who read it.
    I will definitely be doing my best to post things on it on our 9,000 mile journey - in between all the other things a trip like that involves :-)
    I will give Justin your greetings.
    Thanks for stopping by,
    Ryan

    ReplyDelete