Psalm 16:5

The LORD is the portion of mine inheritance and of my cup: thou maintainest my lot.

God's Warth is Coming... Are You Ready?

You had better listen to the words of Jesus, “Not everyone who says to me Lord, Lord, shall enter, but he that does the will of my father in heaven.” If ye by the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the flesh, ye shall live. If you live after the flesh, you’ll die! The cross does not give us a minor shift or two with regard to a few of our ethical and religious values. The cross radically disrupts the very center and citadel of your life from self to Christ. And if the cross has not done that, YOU’RE NOT A CHRISTIAN! My Friend face it, young rogue, you’re not a Christian until the cross has radically disrupted the very center and citadel of your life! And brought you from a life of commitment to serve self…What are the focal points of the reign of your self? If you’ve gone to the cross in union with Christ, it’s been shattered!"
- Al Martin

Monday, April 19, 2010

Home Again!

On Friday, Scott Brown, Stephen Bradrick, Eddie Burroughs and his son Caleb, my brother Justin, my family in Christ Joaquin and Joaquin (Chicho) Fernandez, Ron Whitaker and his son Tyler, and I drove to Pennsylvania to do a mini-conference at Immanuel Free Reformed Church.

Along the way, we went from the built up...


To a world where they use horses and mules to till the land - I think I prefer the horses and mules to the highways.





This part of Pennsylvania, in historic Lancaster county, is where my ancestors raised their families. My grandmother on my mother's side was born here and there are Glicks scattered all over this section of the country.

We finally arrived at our destination around 12:30 Saturday morning - yes, right after midnight after taking a little round about way to get there. In other words, I should have brought my trusty Garmin GPS along. Apparently, nobody had printed out maps showing how to get there...

We stayed at the home Gary Martin, one of the elders in the church.


The church itself meets in an old fire station.


On Saturday, Mr. Brown spoke on preparing children for marriage.



In the afternoon, we met with the elders and deacons to discuss the purpose, goals, and doctrine of the NCFIC.


Following the Sunday service, we had a wonderful fellowship meal with some really great food.


 Yes, it is true, spoons really are good for your health!


Our group with the elders and deacons:


On the way home, I was able to grab a quick shot of the Washington Monument. The road was very rough so most of the pictures did not turn out.


Signing out... until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment