Psalm 16:5

The LORD is the portion of mine inheritance and of my cup: thou maintainest my lot.

God's Warth is Coming... Are You Ready?

You had better listen to the words of Jesus, “Not everyone who says to me Lord, Lord, shall enter, but he that does the will of my father in heaven.” If ye by the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the flesh, ye shall live. If you live after the flesh, you’ll die! The cross does not give us a minor shift or two with regard to a few of our ethical and religious values. The cross radically disrupts the very center and citadel of your life from self to Christ. And if the cross has not done that, YOU’RE NOT A CHRISTIAN! My Friend face it, young rogue, you’re not a Christian until the cross has radically disrupted the very center and citadel of your life! And brought you from a life of commitment to serve self…What are the focal points of the reign of your self? If you’ve gone to the cross in union with Christ, it’s been shattered!"
- Al Martin

Sunday, April 4, 2010

On the Road…

The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him. The LORD is their strength, and he is the saving strength of his anointed. Save thy people, and bless thine inheritance: feed them also, and lift them up for ever. Psalm 28:7-9

As I write this, we (I’m not driving) are traveling 65 mph on 1-540 W around Raleigh. Unfortunately, since I don’t have internet access, I will have to post it after the fact. By the end of the day, the Lord willing, we should have traversed 750 miles through the states of North Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, Ohio and Indiana. I think this is the 13th time I have traveled the distance between Indiana and North Carolina since December 2007 – the 5th time since December 2009.

Update: we made it to Indiana safely only to find that the power was out for part of our house. It made for an interesting evening.

Along the way we saw some pretty views. One pretty place was  in West Virginia. An accident was blocking the highway so we detoured down a one lane mountain road.

The accident.

Once in Ohio, the wind really got strong.

Then it cleared up.

Then it rained.

Another view.

An interesting house.

No comments:

Post a Comment